Sunday 10 September 2017

On the road to Lake Louise

The highway, at least in the initial stage , is reserved for sightseers- no trucks please. RVs not only permitted but ubiquitous.
Our first stop still in Jasper National Park is generically called Athabasca; first the Falls.




A mountain , Snow Dome, was pointed out to us that has a tri-continental divide. Water from it goes to the Pacific, Arctic, and Atlantic Oceans. Too much haze for a pic.

Then on to the Athabasca Glacier. I found myself unprepared- my banana sole shoes were not fit for balance on the ice . Also it began to rain and the wind increased, so I retreated back into the Icemobile and left Wendy to explore.  










After lunch a photo stop for Bow Lake as a foretaste of our destination:



1 comment:

  1. Interesting to hear about a "tri-continental divide". This certainly one-ups the Australian "Great Divide" that was regularly pointed out to me while growing up.

    ReplyDelete